Car Rental at Murcia Airport
If you arrive at Murcia airport (San Javier) you have just limeted transport options. With local bus connections running rarely, taking a taxi or a car hire are the best options.
With Murcia being about 45 km away from the airport car hire is a good option. Especially if you plan to explore the lovely areas around from the southern Costa Blanca down to the Costa Calida and La Manga.
Before renting a car at the ariport you should verify certain things beforehand. Find different offers from different companies and make sure you compare prices.
During summer months you should make sure to book your car before arrival at the Airport.
Things to consider before you hire a car:
- Use your travel agency and check the web to get the best deal on Murcia car hire.
- Ask if there is any additional fees for extra drivers.
- In case you are under 21 or 25 years of age ask the car hire company if there are any restrictions.
- Make sure you order a babyseat if you travel with todlers.
- And, not to forget get a good detailed map of the area you plan to stay.
With the Murcia airport being such a small one, you will easily find the counter of your car hire company for any car pickup.
Some smaller companies have there “car rental offices” outside at the parking lot in minivans. Looks a bit weird if you see this first time, but works nicely. These minivan offices are worked to pickup and drop your car keys.
Many national and international car hire companies offer Murcia car rental at the airport. Check them out beforehand. So when you arrive at one of the many cheap flights to Murcia, you better make sure you have your car rental arrangements ready inadvance.